'/> How To: The Easiest Way To Store Leftover Tomato Paste

Info Populer 2022

How To: The Easiest Way To Store Leftover Tomato Paste

How To:  The Easiest Way To Store Leftover Tomato Paste
How To:  The Easiest Way To Store Leftover Tomato Paste

Tomato paste is one of those staples that I love.  I really enjoy having my own homemade tomato paste, but if I am buying it...  I opt for the can.  I can't see paying the price of the tube.  I am a big spender like that.

Especially when making your own homemade tomato paste you don't want any to spoil.  So, to solve this issue with potential waste, I started freezing the tomato paste.  I started with the old school method of freezing the can then slicing it into pieces.  This is way more work than I am up for.  Next I tried ice cube trays which freeze 2 tablespoon portions and stained my trays.

Finally I started this simple method that truly makes me happy.  Freezing 1 tablespoon portions on parchment paper and storing in a plastic bag (that's one of those V-8 duh moments).  I even started opening a can ahead of time so I don't have to mess with the tomato paste later.  Seriously, it is that convenient!

Here are some more fantastic tomato how to's:

Still have left over tomatoes from your summer harvest? Here is a simple way to make them last throughout the winter. Homemade Crock Pot Tomato Paste.


Ever wanted to make Sun-dried Tomatoes at home, preservative free and delicious. Make these in your panggangan or dehydrator.

Make the best tomato sauce ever with fresh tomatoes. Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce gives you that deep tomato flavor that you are looking for.

The Easiest Way to Store Leftover Tomato Paste
Directions

What you will need:
tomato paste
1 tablespoon scooper
parchment paper or wax paper

Instructions
Scoop tomato paste into 1 tablespoon portions and drop onto parchment or wax paper.  Freeze 3 hours.  Remove from freezer and place in a freezer bag.  Use as needed.  Tomato paste will keep 3-6 months or longer.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe - .com
Advertisement

Iklan Sidebar